Intratumoral Amphiphilic Formulations
delivering potent cancer-killing agents directly into tumors and driving antigen presentation
Previous iterations of intratumoral amphiphilic formulations have had a limited local effect and minimal systemic effects throughout the body. PORT-1 (INT230-6) offers a next-generation formulation that safely delivers up to three times the systemic dose of cancer-killing agents directly into targeted tumors, immediately reducing cancer burden by breaking down the cytokine wall and recruiting immune cells to attack microscopic and metastatic disease. Used alone or in combination with checkpoint inhibitors, PORT-1 may lead to improved survival without unwanted side effects.
Thus far, PORT-1:
- Has demonstrated safety and efficacy in a Phase 1/2 study for the treatment of refractory solid tumors
- Is being evaluated through a collaborative partnership with Merck and Bristol Meyers Squibb
- Has data readouts anticipated for nine ongoing Phase 2 trials in the U.S. and Canada for several different indications
- Has shown impressive data in the neoadjuvant breast cancer setting from a phase 2 randomized trial
- Has received Fast Track Designation from U.S. FDA for triple-negative breast cancer
The PORT-1 platform, INT230-6, was developed by Intensity Therapeutics and is being advanced in collaboration with Portage Biotech. Portage’s CEO, Dr. Ian Walters, has partnered with Intensity as its chief medical officer where he is responsible for driving clinical and business strategy.